PCB design techniques for EMC
Robert Webber, Field Application Engineer, Harwin
Many people say that EMC is “voodoo”, or there is something unknown in how to combat Electromagnetic Interference in their product design. In fact, it is just the rules of science.
This Workshop will provide an introduction to this, and shows how a true understanding of EMC is all about getting back to basics.
DURING THIS SESSION DELEGATES WILL LEARN:
1. Rules of thumb to help to avoid EMC issues
2. How simply drawing a PCB track in the wrong way can cause enormous EMC issues
3. PCB Shielding, and how the PCB design must complement it
4. How your PCB tracks can turn into antennas if designed wrong.
5. How signals at high VS low frequencies need to be managed.