Design Security Panel
Chair - Haydn Povey, Founder & CTO, SecureThingz inc: Roger Shepherd, IoT Security Foundation and Mike Bell, Canonical
While design security has been a concern for some years, the burgeoning demand for connectivity has brought the need into sharp focus. A recent report from Which? asserted ‘manufacturers need to ensure that any smart product sold is secure by design’.
But what does that entail?
Questions to be addressed by the panel include:
- What is ‘security’?
- How secure does my product need to be?
- Who am I protecting my product against?
- What’s the impact on my company/brand?
- Does there need to be government regulation?
- Where do I start?
- Can I buy the things I need to make my product secure or is it DIY?
- Should the electronics industry be doing more?
- Who pays for security?
- How can connected products be updated reliably?